For more information see: https://cushwa.nd.edu/grant-opportunities/
In addition to receiving financial assistance, FTE Doctoral Fellows will join a longstanding community of theological educators and scholars to help sustain them on their vocational journey.
FTE offers the Fellowship for Doctoral Students of African Descent and the Fellowship for Latino/a, Asian and First Nations Doctoral Students. FTE will only review applications that meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be studying at an accredited academic institution in the U.S. or Canada.
- Applicants must be finished with coursework by the beginning of the fellowship year (September 1, 2020).
- Applicants at the dissertation stage must be in a position to write full-time during the fellowship year.
- All pre-dissertation applicants must be past the coursework stage but have not yet reached candidacy [ABD].
- To be classified at the dissertation stage [ABD], applicant’s dissertation committee must have approved the dissertation research proposal and writing plan and given the student full approval to proceed before submission of an application.
- Applicants must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
All interested applicants should read the general instructions for the fellowship before beginning the application process.
All online applications are due February 1, 2020.
Questions? Contact Program Manager Elsie Barnhart.
The Woodrow Wilson Foundation has opened its 2020 competition for several fellowships that support either dissertation completion or junior faculty progress toward tenure. Recipients not only receive support for their work, but also join a 75-year-old network of some 27,000 Woodrow Wilson Fellows—a select group with an impressive collective record of scholarship, teaching, service, and public influence. Thank you for your consideration; we look forward to hearing from any excellent candidates whom you might help us to identify.
For doctoral candidates completing dissertations:
The Charlotte W. Newcombe Doctoral Dissertation Fellowships
Designed to encourage original and significant study of religious and ethical values in fields across the humanities and social sciences, the 2020 Newcombe Fellowships are available to Ph.D. and Th.D. candidates who expect to complete their dissertation between April and August 2021. Download the program flyer here. The competition deadline is November 15, 2019. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowships in Women’s Studies encourage research about women and gender that crosses disciplinary, regional, or cultural boundaries. Recent Fellows have explored such topics as reproduction in the context of chronic disease, algorithmic detection of child abuse images, and changing feminist visions at the UN from 1975 to 1995. Download the program flyer here. The competition deadline is October 15, 2019. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
For junior faculty:
The Mellon Emerging Faculty Leaders Award supports tenure-track junior faculty as they work toward achieving tenure. Applicants must successfully pass their third-year review no later than January 31, 2020. The program is open to faculty in any field of the humanities or social sciences; preference will be given to those working on 20th- and 21st-century American history, politics, culture, and society, with emphases including African American issues, women’s issues, and/or higher education. Download the program flyer here. The competition deadline is December 2, 2019. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you or someone you know interested in applying for a 2020 Louisville Institute grant or fellowship? Application guides and information are now available at www.louisville-institute.org.
2020 Application Deadlines
- Pastoral Study Project: September 1
- Project Grant for Researchers: October 1
- Sabbatical Grant for Researchers: November 1
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: December 1
- First Book Grant for Scholars of Color: January 15
- Dissertation Fellowship: February 1
- Doctoral Fellowship: March 1
- Collaborative Inquiry Team: April 1
All applications are due by 11:59pm EST on the application deadline.