FTE’s 2020 Doctoral Fellowship applications are available now. If you want to help create conditions for students and scholars of color to thrive, we encourage you to share this opportunity.
In addition to receiving financial assistance, FTE Doctoral Fellows will join a longstanding community of theological educators and scholars to help sustain them on their vocational journey.
FTE offers the Fellowship for Doctoral Students of African Descent and the Fellowship for Latino/a, Asian and First Nations Doctoral Students. FTE will only review applications that meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be studying at an accredited academic institution in the U.S. or Canada.
- Applicants must be finished with coursework by the beginning of the fellowship year (September 1, 2020).
- Applicants at the dissertation stage must be in a position to write full-time during the fellowship year.
- All pre-dissertation applicants must be past the coursework stage but have not yet reached candidacy [ABD].
- To be classified at the dissertation stage [ABD], applicant’s dissertation committee must have approved the dissertation research proposal and writing plan and given the student full approval to proceed before submission of an application.
- Applicants must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Students enrolled in or applying to Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) programs are not eligible for this opportunity.
All interested applicants should read the general instructions for the fellowship before beginning the application process.
All online applications are due February 1, 2020.
Questions? Contact Program Manager Elsie Barnhart.
For more information see: https://fteleaders.org/grants-fellowships/c/doctoral-fellowships-for-students-of-color